The user menu is found in the top right of the MediaLab interface, it contains links useful for the current user.
- Profile: Takes you to your profile settings, here you can change your profile information and personal settings (ie. name, language and preferences)
- Notifications: Opens your personal notifications inbox
- Contact: Opens the contact page for your Lab, on this page you’ll find MediaLab’s contact information and a link to the support portal. It also allows for sending messages directly to our support department.
- News: On this page you can read the latest news for your (Media)Lab.
- Modile apps: Here you’ll find links to the iOS store and Play store where are apps are up for download
- Logout: Logout from your account
The context menu is available while browsing your folders and files, it offers action related to a specific file or folder. Right click a file or folder to open the context menu, and see the available actions.
Folder context menu
- Open: Open the folder (same as left click)
- Edit: Edit the folder name
- Copy: Copy the folder to a different location within MediaLab
- Move: Move the folder to a different location within MediaLab
- Delete: Delete the entire folder including its contents (deleted folders and files are moved to trash before being deleted permanently)
File context menu
- Open: Open the file
- Info: Show file information
- Edit: Edit the file name, description and meta data
- Download: Download the source file
- Copy: Copy the file to a different location within MediaLab
- Move: Move the file to a different location within MediaLab
- Delete: Delete the file (deleted files and folders are moved to the trash before being deleted permanently)
- Edit thumbnail: Edit or replace the generated thumbnail (more info)
- Re-create: Re-create the file (more info)
- Embed: Get the file’s embed code or link (more info)
- Share: Share the file via email or link
- Push: Push the file over FTP (more info)
- Add to playlist: Add the file to a playlist
- Statistics: Show the statistics for this file
Embed a file
With this feature users can embed their files via MediaLab, so there is no need to re-upload your files to anywhere else. There are multiple ways to embed your file:
- Iframe with player: This will provide you with a snippet of HTML code which you can use to include media on your site.
- Theater page: This link will include the full theater page, which can be used in iFrames or redirects.
- Social media: Use this link to share your file on social media.
- Preview: This URL will display the file’s preview
- Thumbnail: This URL will display the file’s preview
- File: This URL will display the file’s source
For this reason MediaLab offers users the ability to edit or replace the thumbnail of all the files in your Lab. The easiest way to open the thumbnail editor is through the context menu of the file you wish to edit.
The thumbnail editor
With the thumbnail editor you can choose to either create a new thumbnail using the original image, or upload a separate image which will be used as thumbnail.
- Current thumbnail: At the top of this screen you’ll find a reference of the thumbnail.
- Upload new thumbnail: If you’d like to use a separate image for the thumbnail click the “Choose file” button and choose the image image you’d like to use.
- Create thumbnail: To start editing the thumbnail click on the “Create Thumbnail” button. In this screen you can move and resize the blue square, everything inside the blue lines will become the new thumbnail.
- Submit: Once you’re satisfied, click “Submit” and find your file to witness the newly created thumbnail in all its glory.
The best way to share a file on social media is using the theater link. To find the theater link, first open the file in MediaLab. Then go to Share > Embed and find the link labeled “Theater page”.
The theater page is a public link to view a video, picture or audio. It uses the same layout as the share page so it can be branded with a custom background image (see this page for more info).
When sharing the theater page of a video or audio file on Facebook, Facebook will automatically recognize it and offer an embedded player in your timeline.
If you want to share a video or audio file on your own website, you can also embed the player directly.
To embed a video on your own website, first open the file in MediaLab, then go to File > Embed to find the embed codes.
Embedding a full player
If you want to embed our MediaLab player on your website, select the first embed code labeled “Iframe with video player”. You can simply copy/paste this code in your own website. If you want to change the width and/or height of the player on your website, look for the two variables called “width” and “height”. You can increase/decrease these values to change the size of the player.
Using your own player
If you prefer a self-hosted or custom player, you can use the the “MP4 file” and “Thumbnail” embed codes to load the video and preview files from MediaLab in your own player.
Embed a video on Facebook
Using the theater link, you can embed a video or audio player on your Facebook timeline. For more information, see “How can I share a file on Facebook / Twitter?”
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset your password by clicking on the “Forgot your password?” link on the login screen. You will need to enter your username and email address. We will send you an email with a unique link which can be used to reset your password.
You can also ask the administrator of your Lab to reset it for you. If you are unsure who to contact, please do not hesitate to contact our service desk.